Vacancy: Project Assistant for Economic Cooperation Section
Posting Title: Project Assistant
Department/Office: Economic Cooperation Section, Embassy of Japan in Beirut
Expected date of employment: Mid-February 2015
Length of the contract: One year, could be renewed up to twice
- Correspond to inquiries and manage information related to Embassy’s economic cooperation projects
- Assist formation of the projects
- Encourage the implementation of the on-going projects and follow up the past projects
- Prepare reports and other necessary documents
- Facilitate the Embassy’s field visits (arrangements, data collection, translation, reporting)
- Support the Embassy’s public relations
- Graduate or undergraduate degree(s)
Languages and PC skills:
- Fluency in Arabic, English, and French (Please send English Certificates if available)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately, demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Planning and Organizing: Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g. arrangements for meetings and site visits, note taking, and information management.
- Cultural and social adaptability
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted after each selection phase.
For inquiries, please contact +961-(1)-989-751/2/3 (Ext.204)