The Embassy of Japan in Lebanon is currently looking for a qualified candidate who will work as Project Assistant for the Grant Assistance for Grassroots and Human Security Program. This is an ideal post for a young professional who wishes to obtain further experience in development cooperation, particularly assisting socially and economically vulnerable communities. Please note that this position is for Lebanese nationals only.
Vacancy Post: Project Assistant for the Grant Assistance for Grassroots and Human Security Program
Department/Office: Economic Cooperation Section, Embassy of Japan in Beirut
Expected date of contract: 18 September 2017
Length of the contract: One year, could be renewed up to three years
- Receive and administer applications, including correspondence to inquiries, data management related to applications,
- Review application including cost evaluation and technical review,
- Facilitate implementation of the projects,
- Administer the past projects and the projects under implementation,
- Contact and consult with applicants and GGP partner organizations
- Prepare reports
- Study the proposals (credibility of the applicants, activities, financial status, validity of project components/sites/prices and feasibility of the project,
- Monitor the projects under implementation, including status of construction/procurement, coordination with GGP partners and documentation,
- Follow up past projects, including report on utilization and management of the facilities/equipment, audit status and effects of the projects,
- Assist organizing the handover ceremonies and to check the completion of the projects, and
- Collect relevant information related to the Embassy’s economic cooperation program
- Graduate or undergraduate degree(s)
- At least one year working experience in the related field (socio-economic development, humanitarian aid) is required.
Languages and PC skill:
- Fluency in Arabic (Modern Standard Arabic) and English. Translation and Interpretation skill is required (English to Formal Arabic and Arabic to English). Business level of French is an asset.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Points)
- Planning and Organizing: Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately, demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g. arrangements for meetings and site visits, note taking, interpretation/translation and information management.
- Cultural and social adaptability
Please send your CV (with a photograph) and Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16:00 on Friday 1 September 2017. Application Form is available from here. For inquiries, please contact +961-(1)-989-751/2/3 (Ext.402).